Old ConMan

Sunday, February 20, 2005

A great 3-hour shopping.

Firstly, it's not my idea to go shopping today. I had to go there to accomplish a task, but it got cancelled when I reach Giant Hypermarket. So, since being there, I decided to walk 1 round before retreat back to my home.

  1. Walked past the electronic section. Saw the 21" Weige TV selling at RM339. Definitely a good buy. A 14" TV was selling at RM230+.
  2. Later, stumbled across Weige DVD player at RM139. Awwww... The devil part of myself is beginning to dominate me.
  3. Saw an attractive batik cloth at RM46+.
  4. Laying my hand on a badly needed mirror selling at RM13.99
  5. How about a nice space glass drinking bottle, since I'm always using the mineral water bottle?
  6. Two small cute bolster for my car, each selling at RM8.99?
  7. Flapping through a mountain of cheap shorts selling at RM10.00... only to find out that it's ladies pants... :(
  8. How about a nice shirt at RM26.90(the quality seems a bit lousy)?
  9. A nice batik at RM46+ so that I can enter Casina de Genting and show hand with Uncle Lim?
  10. Ahhhhh.... the ice-cream for testing does taste nice..... yummy......
  11. Hm... the coffee beads definitely smell nice... how about a 100g? (I''m planning to buy it, put it in sachets, and hang on my car... so my car will have coffee shop smell... hehehe...but i just don't know where to buy sachet?)
  12. My home got a refridgerator. How about furnishing some gas drink like jolly shandy, 7-up, A&W rootbeer etc? or Tiger or Carlsberg?
  13. Some junk foods within reach when I slog into the chair watching some favourite TV programs?
  14. Some instant noodles to feed my irregular hunger?
  15. 3-in-1 nescafe to make me stay away from boring breakfast?
  16. Super glue to repair my broken-handphone belt casing?
  17. A towel that I needed badly because forgot to bring back from hometown after CNY? Buy a cheap plain one or a beatiful one or a cute one with hello kitty (just like my previous towel gift from my former housemates...which got lost in the Laundry shop!!!)?
  18. the list just goes endless...
I just can't refrain from buying nothing. In the end, I end-up buying a lot of things...

1 Comments:

  • I can truly understand your situation. That's how I feel all the time. I ended up buying all those things that is not in my shopping list. It looks so tempting and useful at that time and of course, really worth buying, a good bargain! Sometimes it becomes useful (although not necessary) and sometimes, you just dont know where to put it and wonder why you get it at the first place. I think you need to have a very strong will to be not easily tempted to buy un-necessary things. Marketing strategy, thats all I can blame, and lack of strong will to reject them!

    Solutions :
    -----------
    1. Dont go too much shopping.
    2. Dont bring too much cash (and leave your credit card at home when shopping and no ATM too).
    3. Write a shopping list and ONLY SEE THE THINGS in your list.
    4. Set a budget on how much you could spend that day.
    5. When you really are so tempted, just said to yourself "I'll come back later to buy it". Gradually you'll forget, it works sometimes ;)
    6. Ask yourself do you really need it? If yes, give 10 good reasons. And if you have one reason NOT to buy, then DON'T BUY.
    7. Ask yourself, do you really want and like it? If you only like a bit and think it is useful, DON'T BUY. ONLY buy if you think you cant live without it.

    Excitedly Yours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 21, 2005 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home